How can a volunteer get a temporary residence permit?
According to Article 4 of the Law of Ukraine “On the Legal Status of Foreigners and Stateless Persons”, a temporary residence permit is issued:
- foreigners or stateless persons who arrived in Ukraine for employment in accordance with the law;
- foreigners or stateless persons who arrived in Ukraine to participate in the implementation of international technical assistance projects registered in the prescribed manner;
- foreigners or stateless persons who came to Ukraine to preach religious beliefs, perform religious rites or conduct other canonical activities at the invitation of religious organizations and in agreement with the state body that registered the relevant religious organization;
- foreigners or stateless persons who arrived in Ukraine to participate in the activities of branches, offices, representative offices and other structural units of foreign non-governmental organizations, duly registered;
- foreigners or stateless persons who arrived in Ukraine for cultural, scientific, educational activities on the grounds and in the manner prescribed by international treaties of Ukraine or special programs, as well as for foreigners or stateless persons who arrived in Ukraine to participate in international and regional volunteer programs or participation in the activities of organizations and institutions that involve volunteers in their activities in accordance with the Law of Ukraine “On Volunteering”, information on which is posted on the official website of the Ministry of Social Policy;
- foreigners and stateless persons who provided instructor (shooting, tactical, medical, radio, explosive and other) assistance to units of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, other military formations formed in accordance with the laws of Ukraine, law enforcement agencies of special purpose, the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine involved in anti-terrorist operation, being directly in the areas of its implementation, and / or involved in the implementation of measures to ensure national security and defense, repel and deter armed aggression of the Russian Federation in Donetsk and Luhansk regions, being directly in the areas of their conduct, or voluntary formations formed or self-organized to protect the independence, sovereignty and territorial integrity of Ukraine and together with the above units participated directly in the anti-terrorist operation, ensuring its implementation, being directly in the areas of anti-terrorist o during the period of its holding, as well as those who took part in combat or service tasks of the anti-terrorist operation and / or measures to ensure national security and defense, repel and deter armed aggression of the Russian Federation in Donetsk and Luhansk regions together with the above units and volunteers.